Friday, March 30, 2007

Finery

Though in modern English the term finery may mean showy, elaborate clothing, in modern Engrish it means it's about damn time.
D00D!
D00D!
D00D!
Word from IGN is that Disgaea PSP is coming to America this August, reportedly with some nice bells and whistles. I played through the original, and when word of a port for Japanese consumers first surfaced, I was somewhat disappointed that the portable installment would not be based on DG2. Regardless, I didn't play the game to death like... some people I know. D00D!
D00D!
D00D!
And with the personal nature of handhelds, I won't have to worry about accidentally deleting Catarina's save. (Sorry, about that again, and for bringing it up.) I haven't dabbled in any of the SRPGs for the PSP as of yet, like the somewhat attractive Generations of Chaos, but there has never been a doubt in my mind that the genre would lend itself perfectly to the platform. The advantage of racing or fighting games on the PSP is the fact that you can enjoy them in short intervals without any detraction. And unlike the other two types of games just mentioned, you aren't at a disadvantage if you have to slip into sleep mode at a moment's notice. All in all, I'm very much looking forward to this game and it's new content. Let's all have a big w00t! for good ports.

No comments: