Sunday, October 28, 2007

Sergeilicious

There has been very much Tekken lately at my abode. It seems like it's always a good time to scare up a round with Legoman or an unsuspecting house guest. I've dedicated myself as of late to Sergei as my primary, though when I played DR on PSP I was much heavier on Armor King usage. Sergei's slow, technical Sambo is a little awkward to wield against Lego's Law and some of the other swift characters I face, but I've had a pretty damn good record lately, so I cannot complain too much.
And with Tekken 6 looming on the horizon, all of my practice includes cognizance of the changes that the gameplay will be undergoing. For one thing, sidesteps are apparently faster this time around, which should no doubt cause a problem for Sergei's left-side weakness. Low parries reportedly will be giving slightly less frame advantage, however word is that Sergei is getting a low reversal (df+1+2) to compensate. The rest of the cast seems to be left out, though. (Awww... too bad.)

But most importantly, his running right punch (WR+2) will now bounce the opponent, leading to juggles, not unlike the way his Russian Sickle (f,f+2) currently does on Counter Hit. Needless to say, I'm verily titillated. Lego, predictably, is much more excited about big fat Bob.

It is unclear at this point when Tekken 6 might hit North American PS3s, and there is definitely a possibility I would have access to the console version before I could find it in an arcade in this podunk capitol city. So I'm hoping to see it next spring, nestled in the fuzzy time frame that includes MGS4 and SSBB.

In the meantime, I'll continue to teach Lego's Wang the hard way...

(b+2,1,3~1+2) bitch! You better ask somebody!!11

No comments: